- Ash, grumpy thiefy fighter type from davehenry's Rvneqvest campaign. The campaign lasted long enough for her to end up socialized a bit better than she started, and that ends up being the name of most of my CRPG characters.
- Dunyazade, Mage of Illusion and Space (or Madness and the Void), best beloved of the imaginary, from tirinian's Comet.
- Pilot, dolphin pilot from arcanology's Blue Planet. The naming conventions of dolphins were yoinked from here for Oath.
- Alexandra Strauss, mad scientist/mage (except that madness was in no way confined to scientists!) from arcanology's TNI.
- Martan, doomed TK-powered NPC from Oath.
- Cady Hearst, cocky gambler from arcanology's Deadlands.
- Andy (whose last name I've forgotten), the Batman archetype from tirinian's Blue Team.
- Bri, the slightly mad cop / darkness-channeler from Conflux.
- Silhouette, flying zapper from Boston 2064. I think she was my first post-junior-high RPG character.
- Robbie Libbon from, er, I forget the name of the run of ilhander's, and he got his name changed later, to not be a direct steal of a real person (the Director of Covert Operations for Penn and Teller). But he still was.
- Celine 'i Zarieth from greyautumnrain's Auria, paladin of justice, protection, and stone (and, mjperson would say, the letter M). I can't quite manage to play her as stern as she ought to be.
- Susan, from Kids, originally based on Linus but ended up a bit more Bad.
- Who would make a better college professor: 6 or 11?
2 actually is a college professor! 6 would probably be more popular; 11 would take more care to try and make sure everything got taught, but the students would be afraid of her.
- Do you think 2 is hot? How hot?
I imagine her looking something like Salma Hayes' character, Serendipity, from Dogma (well, not the stripper part). But still pretty hot, though there's the whole 'al Jabaran gender role reversal going on, so it's also more about attitude than curves.
- 12 sends 8 on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Well, Susan was all about the books, and would probably find the fiction-deleting idea from Conflux very disturbing, so she'd try and get Bri to get all the books put back. Sadly, I think it doesn't succeed, because the books were probably never there to start with.
- What is, or would be, 9's favorite book?
Well, her secret backstory came from Tree of Swords and Jewels, which I hadn't read, so she'd probably find that terribly exciting to read.
- Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
Well, Dunyazade could sell it as "come to 'al Jabar, and you can have a harem of men!" Not that Cady wanted a harem except in reaction to Mormonism, but she'd think it was a fine plan. And nobody thinks magic is evil there, either. So definitely Cady swears to Dunyazade.
- For some reason, 5 is looking for a room-mate. Should they share a studio apartment with 9, or 10?
Well, Martan would prefer rooming with the guy (Robbie) to the girl (Sil), and would probably get along with Robbie better anyway - they both have a focus on the day-to-day practical, and TK could be useful in setting up the props.
- 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
Dunyazade would spring for somewhere fancy, and pay. She and Andy probably talk about the tactics of fighting Great and Entrenched Evils, and also the significance of Color. Dunyazade doesn't think Andy being from Blue makes any sense; being a brick suggests more Red or maybe Orange. Andy is clear she's not Red. Susan mostly listens, big-eyed.
- 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
Well, the challengee gets choice of weapons, so Robbie probably chooses something like pole-mounted pulley-controlled circular saws and then runs his weapon from under the stage. If it's not electronically controlled, Pilot probably can't even make his go, has enough dex to dodge the first couple saw-slashes, and then starts sonically blasting the stage to smithereens. The judge steps in, declares Pilot to be cheating, and Robbie wins.
- If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would they get it back?
While a thief, Ash is sadly outclassed - though it's not clear why she would want an Astronomer Gun. Bri would throw piles of sensing on "where is the gun" and then get her brother Jamie to take her there. Chances are Ash is badly out of place in the modern world, and probably fell through somehow from Faerie, so then we'd have to get Summer to take her back.
- Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
Okay, this is twice 7 and 12 are in the same question. It would probably involve a book with more details about all the colored universes and what happened when and why, but it'd probably get called something like "Rainbow Connection".
- What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
Ash follows the plot, and Alexandra follows orders, plus is motivated by threats to Thielo. Having the plot device kidnap Thielo and take him to rvneqvest-land to use for something nefarious would work pretty well.
- If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
Andy is more hard-core than I am, but I imagine we'd do fine for a weekend. She'd consider it a vacation - there's no impending world-shaking doom going on - but perhaps she could stop some local burglaries in her spare time.
- If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
Huh. I don't think I actually *need* to be flown anywhere. But getting him to buzz mjperson's house claiming to be Hero the Flying Dolphin would be funny.
- Does anyone on your friends list resemble 11 (either in appearance or personality)?
I imagine Celine looking like a particular illustration (on the Holy Healing spell list page), which looks maybe more like cfox or mister_nick for lack of any closer match, but I don't think I know anyone with the personality of a Paladin of Justice.
- If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
Martan, definitely. He's a gentleman, and thus deserving of protection. Plus Alexandra is a dangerous madwoman - which doesn't mean she's a bad guy, but if Martan were somehow on the opposite side from Alexandra, he'd be the one on the side of the angels.
- What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
Well, at creation, "OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE!", as the only reason to shout something is to be the distraction while the magician does something. Later, when he had the crazy Swiss Army Battle Batlek thing, I don't think he shouted.
- If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
Hm. Well, there's "In the Dark of the Night" from Anastasia, which would be her theme for Fighting the Astronomer. If she got to pick something, she'd probably try and get away with something like the Silent E song from the Electric Company, to see if she could use Style, Cheat, and a Silent E to turn a plan into a plane.
- 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
Ash doesn't care enough to argue - if it's the last scallion pancake, she's not starving, and that's mostly all food is for. Cady would be able to make a pretty good case for why it should be hers, but not in the face of a little girl's puppy dog eyes, so Susan gets it.
- What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
"Want to come see some *real* illusions? I bet you can't figure out how they're done, no matter how close you look..."
- What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
Historically speaking, for buying drugs or possession of stolen property.
- What is 6's secret?
That she makes deals with demons.
- If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Short distances, they can both fly. Medium distance, Sil can fly for longer than Celine can (Celine's is limited per day), so Sil would win. Really long distances, they both have teleporters in the party, though we run without them more often in Auria, so Sil still might win.
- If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
Either of them could protect me from pretty much anything, but Bri can wear a cop uniform, so unless it's a really bad neighborhood, she wins.
- 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he/she is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
Okay, that all works except for Celine secretly being a spy for The New Inquisition, which seems implausible. It'd be titled "Airstrike", I expect, but don't ask me to detail it better than that.